Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in subject line “Submission – Submission Type.” Please hyperlink submissions, but we will accept Chicago Style citations only in the case of print sources. All submissions will go through an editing process within the OA staff. You will be notified of any edits made to your piece prior to publication.
Submission types include:
- Briefs – Long, heavily researched articles that provide substantive policy suggestions based on collected evidence.
- Current events – Shorter pieces on a recent occurrence.
- Essay – Piece that may include narrative or anecdote combined with factual analysis.
- Press Release – Piece that covers recent event, meeting, conference, etc.
- Short Story
- Creative Nonfiction
- Book Review
- Film Review
- Television Review
- Album or individual photo is fine.
- Opinion Editorial
- Piece in response to an article published on Open Americas. Please keep under 500 words your response.